Friday, February 6, 2009

BSG Update #2

Another update on my Battlestar Galactica uniform commission.

Though it has taken me longer than I would have liked to get to this point, I finally have the mock-up of the tunic finished. My pattern will need a few minor adjustments, but I think it's ok to send to my client to have him try it for size and fit. I have taken notes as I constructed it to keep track of the changes that need to be made, but nothing too major.

Here are some pictures of the mock-up. You can't see details very well and the fabric is hideous, I know, (the price was right at 25 cents a yard!) and it is on a small female dress form (I really need to invest in a male form!) but this gives a general idea of how it will look.


Tunic mock-up front view.



Tunic mock-up front view, collar detail.


Now, I need to work on the mock-up of the pants, which will be less exciting, but needed none-the-less. After I finish the pants mock-up, if they go together well, I will send both tunic & pants mock-ups to my commissioner for a fitting. He will help me determine if any changes in the style as well as the fit need to be made.

To see Update #1 click HERE