Thursday, June 18, 2009

Beru Lars & Baby Luke

In 2004/2005 while I was expecting our first child, a son, we were also preparing to attend Star Wars Celebration: III when our son would be about 2 months old. I thought it would be cute to create Owen Lars & Beru Whitesun Episode 2: Attack of the Clones costumes (the young Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru) and a little Luke costume for our son.

Now, in 2009 I am expecting our third child, also a son, and preparing to attend a Rebel Legion/501st charity event. I thought it would be fitting to create Owen & Beru Lars costumes from Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith since we will be bringing our baby with us to the event.

All that was needed to change my Episode 2 costume into an Episode 3 costume was a different jacket. I finished the jacket today, so my Beru Lars costume is ready to go. I had also previously finished a blanket which will be our son's first Star Wars "costume".

Here are images of the costumes as seen in the movie:





Here are my versions: